Welcome to my blog! I’m so glad you’re here. Please allow me to introduce myself. My name is Heather Hart, and I am a Christian, stay-at-home, work-at-home, mother of four, and house wife.
I have loved writing for as long as I could remember. Even before I learned to read and write, I would pretend to write stories by making squiggly lines on pieces of paper. While I have always wanted to be an author, I learned early on that it was one of those taboo professions. Unrealistic, I believe is what they called it. So I moved on to more ‘realistic’ pursuits.
In 2007 I gave birth to twin girls. This was significant in my writing career because it forced me to become a stay-at-home mom. Having four children it at home made it impossible to work outside of the home. I started volunteering for a couple of ministries in 2008, and in 2009 I began writing and editing devotions for teen girls for one of those ministries. The more I did this, the more I fell in love with it. I had always loved writing, and it was great to be writing for a good cause. Editing was something that I had always been obsessed with, but had never thought about as a career choice.
Now, here I am today, a Christian author and editor, and I love every minute of it. From ghost writing, to copy editing, to writing blog posts, I couldn’t ask for a better job. The best part is that I get to do it all for the glory of Christ. Because I am a Christian, and I cannot separate my beliefs from what I do, I feel that it is important for me to share them with you here. I believe:
- The Holy Scriptures are the True Word of God, and are important in all of life. I believe that the Bible is correct, and that if it says something is wrong then it is wrong. (2 Timothy 3:16-17, Hebrews 4:12, Psalm 19:7, Galatians 1:8, and Romans 15:4)
- Because I believe the Holy Scriptures, I believe in the Trinity. That there is only one God eternally existent in three persons: God the Father, Jesus the Son, and the Holy Spirit. (Genesis 1: 26-27, Deuteronomy 6:4-5, Matthew 28:19-20, John 14:7, and Galatians 4:4-6)
- I believe that all have sinned and are in need of a Savior. (Romans 3:23, Romans 5:11-13, Hebrews 9:22, and 1 John 1:8-10)
- I believe that we are saved by grace alone through faith alone in Christ alone. (Acts 4:12, Ephesians 2:8, Romans 3:24, Romans 6:23, and 1 Corinthians 15:3-4)
- I believe that as a Christian God continues to work in me. (Philippians 1:6 and Hebrews 12)
- I believe that we are to encourage one another, and treat each other respectfully. Not gossiping or arguing, but controlling our tongues. (Ephesians 4:29, 1 Thessalonians 5:11, Proverbs 20:19, 1 Timothy 6:20, 2 Corinthians 12:20, James 1:26, and James 3:1-12)
- I do believe that there are some issues that Christians are allowed to disagree on. On these issues we are to refer to Romans 12. However, there are many issues that I believe that we are not allowed to disagree on. The Bible makes certain things clear, and I can not compromise on those things.
- I believe that we are to uphold the moral law of God. (Exodus 20:3-17 and Acts 15:28-29)
- I do not believe that it is okay to distort Scripture to please human motives. (2 Peter 3:16)
- I do not believe that it is okay to use Salvation as a sin license. (Jude 4)
- I do not believe that immoral and/or impure people are saved. (Ephesians 5:3-5)
- I believe that there is important balance of truth and grace. (John 1:17) Truth hates sin, grace loves sinners…
Truth without grace crushes people – judgmental legalism
Grace without truth deceives people – deceitful tolerance
You can also find me online in the following places: