Earlier this month I had the privileged of helping two fabulous authors out with the launch of their most recent book (Forgiveness Formula) on Amazon. I was excited about this for multiple reasons. Most importantly, I now know how much work goes into a best-selling book launch. When it is time for the launch of my next book, I will have a much better idea of what I need to do. I wanted to share a little bit of what I learned with you.
If you are interested in setting up a best-seller book launch for your next book on Amazon, here are some of the things that you might want to consider:
- Press Releases
- E-mails To Alert Your Mailing List
- Media Kit
- Host A Free Conference (leading up to the launch)
- Book Readings (at libraries or coffee houses before launch day)
- A Virtual Book Tour (or blog tour)
- Free Bonus Gifts (for people who buy on launch day)
- A Prize Drawing (on launch day)
- Provide Tweets, Blog Posts, Etc. For Book Buyers To Use To Help Spread The Word
~I do want to point out that you can utilize more than just Amazon when you launch your book. If your book is carried by Barnes and Noble (or any other book store) you can contact them about hosting a launch event as well.
Do you have any tips for authors who are planning a book launch? I’d love to hear from you!